Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: You poor UK people...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So i'm a dumbass because i can remember what happened at the end of WWII?

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Think about 11-S."

    Oh for god's sake! (Americans, don't get too pissed off) Why does everyone think that 11th Sept was such a bad thing?! More than 3,000 people died?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Exactly. It IS a bad thing. And I'm sure you wouldn't think so lightly about it if you or somebody you know had been there.


    What about WWII?! What about the 6 million Jews that Hitler managed to kill?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Hitler killing 6000000 jews doesn't make the 11-S less bad (and vice-versa, of course).


    Is it because the jews were forgeiners, and not Americans?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I think it is because 11-S happened 2 years ago and Hitler died like half a century ago.


    Does the value of 1 American equal 2000 forgeiners?!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">No, I think 1 average innocent American is approximately equal to 1 average innocent European, Jewish, etc.


    "Besides, drugs are ALWAYS bad for more than one person, but this was already discussed in another thread."

    IF that came from a person who's done drugs, maybe it would be acceptable.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">What do you mean, my opinion is not acceptable because I wasn't dumb enough to take drugs? Well, if that's the case, how'bout suiciding? Nobody can say suicidal is bad because they haven't tried?

    As you may know, i've done drugs. I've been stoned off my ass. I didn't enjoy it, but i did not harm anything. The people i was stoned with did not harm anything.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">You could've done a lot of bad if you had driven a car or if you broke something. But you still hurted. You hurted yourself, and to you, this should be the most important thing. You also hurted the ones who like you (and therefore, don't want to see you hurt).

    Even legal, good drugs if ODed can be bad
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Don't mix crappy drugs with medicine. Even food can be bad if you take too much, but drugs like tobacco do you no good and are proportionally bad no matter how much of it do you take.

    Come to think about it, you've clearly had sex, but not drugs, while i'm the opposite. I guess our arguments are biased.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">You can't put sex and drugs in the same sack, as if they could compare; drugs are inherently bad. It does not matter that you've tried them or not, it's the same as with suicidal or murder.

    "And you call that "sex"? The same "sex" I could have? Raping and similar is not having sex, it's being just a son of a bitch.

    They all consist of the concept of putting something in the other, therefore they can all be defined as sex. Immoral, but sex none the less.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">That kind of sex is of course bad, but do you think I mean it when I say "sex is good for ya"?

    "And you have stories of people being killed because of what was supposedly a game, so let's ban games!"

    I'm sure you know, but thats more of people being stupid.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Exactly the same for unwanted children. Don't blame sex, blame people's stupidity.

    "And BTW, thousands and thousands of times more people die because of drugs than because of sex."

    But more are traumatised by sex than drugs. I think long-term trauma is worse than dieing.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">What do you call trauma? Trying, for example, anal, and not liking it? It's not a trauma, you just don't like something.

    "Yeah, and look at the world, full of sadness and murder... it's so stupid... I know, let's nuke the world!!!"

    WWII!! Nuking the world is more murder and sadness. Dumbass.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">You better retire this or I'm deleting the post for flaming. I did not insult you.

    "That's like saying talking about the weather is as bad as murdering, possibly worse."

    *Sigh* the only way that weather is as bad as murdering is when lightning strikes someone, then someone says that Mother Earth is a bloody murderer.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">OMGh, do you have to twist everything into nonsense?

    There is a relationship between drugs and sex, both have similar effects and dangers.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">LMAO. Sure. I'm gonna kill somebody if I can't have sex in x days, and every time I cum my brain gets permanently damaged to some degree. And after it, I feel like I had coke.

    Be careful and they are both great experiences.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Do I need to quote the Granaboard Rules & Regulations? This line is outside the rules, and you know it. Keep doing it and messages will get deleted, and don't come to me bitching about why did I delete this and that after it because you know why.

    *Sigh* Once again, we've fallen into another argument. At least it's not our faults this time. It's Xellos'.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">For Valmar's sake, what did Xellos do? Don't accuse him of anything because he has done nothing. He finds interesting stuff to discuss, you turn his thread into drug propaganda and flames, and it's his fault? This was a nice, respectful discussion we had -and I was enjoying it-, until you started flaming me and violating the GR&R. It's up to you to keep things on the nice side.

    I've made an exception with your last post with goodwill. I won't be as nice next time, so you better not talk in favor of drugs or insult anyone again, because I WILL delete your post.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    [Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.6 Flaming]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2003 06:31 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  4. #24
    Inactive Member SmellyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the solution!
    Let's have sex WHILE playing games at the same time. Then everybody will be happy and we can move to the next topic [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive been refraining from posting here, i agree, it started off interesting...but yet again the feud between Wiseman and OCB has turned the air sour.

    IRT OCB: Bloody hell...theres a lot of rubbish in your previous posts that i KNOW you dont really mean. Some of the opinions that Wiseman puts forward are debatable, i dont agree with everything he says, but if i were to argue against him, i would at least put forward valid points. Ive noticed that whenever Wiseman proves you wrong, you contradict yourself and seem to change your morals and opinions of the world to prevent yourself from losing the argument. There are unwritten laws when it comes to arguing, not necassarily to respect your opponants opinion, but at least respect what your own opinion is, and state clearly what you actually believe.
    Thats way uncool, and you know it.

    Im not even going to bother with this topic (sorry Xell), nor will i bother with any other topics on this board which contains pointless and ridiculous points put forward by arrogant people.

    Please, lets all try and be friends.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I mostly meant this topic to be more of a funny topic, but I guess OCB got offended...

  7. #27
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.7 Drug propaganda]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2003 06:40 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "It IS a bad thing. And I'm sure you wouldn't think so lightly about it if you or somebody you know had been there."

    I know it's a bad thing. Maybe i would consider it worst if i knew some one who died there. But when you know that other acts of terrorism didn't start wars, or get worldwide one min silences a year later, is really arrogant of the US. It gives me the impression that the US believes it is much more important than the rest of the world.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">It does believe it, and it's wrong believing it. But this, and the other acts of terrorism which are unnoticed by the world, does not make 11-S any less bad, so I don't think it was a bad example.

    "Hitler killing 6000000 jews doesn't make the 11-S less bad"

    I'm sure if you put all those dead bodies on a scale, the jews on one side and 11th Sept victims on the other, they will not balance. Both events are bad, of course, but the severity of each is different.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Exactly, so what? Does that make the 11-S less bad than it is? Because there's something which is much worse? Then if you or I die, who'll give a damn for us; after all, 6000000 jews died in the WWII!

    "if that's the case, how'bout suiciding? Nobody can say suicidal is bad because they haven't tried?"

    I know thats bad. I've experenced it. Be careful about that as it's a very sensitive subject for me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I don't intend to revive bad memories or hurt anybody. Sorry if I went too far.

    But it does have a good side! You escape the feelings and world that pushed you to suicide. Problem is, it's a very selfish act.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Sorry again if this is too rough, but I need to say it in order to reply to this and to express my honest opinion. Escape? That's coward. It's not gonna solve anything. It will only give you more trouble than you already had. It's a false good.

    "You could've done a lot of bad if you had driven a car"

    I've been in a car driven and navigated across by two stoned men (i wasn't stoned). Most. comfortable. journey. EVER.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I would never get in a car with drunk/high people; and if I were, I would immediatly demand for them to stop, then call the cops on them, even if they were my best friends. I would be potentially saving lives by stopping them with the Police.

    btw, you could do a lot of bad in you have sex while driving a car. And don't tell me that hasen't happened.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">WTF, I didn't have sex while driving, and for every couple who does it, there are a million of idiots who drive drunk and may kill a million of innocents.

    "You hurted yourself, and to you, this should be the most important thing. You also hurted the ones who like you (and therefore, don't want to see you hurt)."

    I didn't get hurt one bit. I did the drug orally, which has no long term effects. Also, once I lost my high, I didn't have any ill effects.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">High dose = high damage
    Low dose = low damage
    Very low dose = very low damage

    (Dose = damage)

    "Don't mix crappy drugs with medicine."

    I'm not. Medicine are things like Arnica. Good drugs (which have a bad side) are things like Asprin. And bad drugs (which can have a good side) are things like heroin.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">You know what I meant.

    "but drugs like tobacco do you no good and are proportionally bad no matter how much of it do you take."

    Nicotine isn't so bad. It might increase chances of cancer, but the effects aren't much worst than Caffine. It's all the other stuff in tobacco that cause the main problems, like tar and carbon monoxide.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">That is true. But you can't say to the other substances "please get out, I only want nicotine, kthx". When you smoke, you're smoking all the apeshiz that comes with it.

    "drugs are inherently bad."

    And can be good.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">BORDERING MODERATION

    "What do you call trauma?"

    Oh, i don't know... Maybe being raped... perhaps watching your parents or children died violently in front of your eyes. I'm sure you know what trauma is.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">And I know, but, as I said earlier, I wasn't talking about those kinds of ""sex"".

    "I did not insult you."

    I know that! I insulted you! You make a stupid point, i'll insult you. It's common sense.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">If I had to insult you for every stupid point you make about drugs, I'd run out of English slang words.

    "OMGh, do you have to twist everything into nonsense?"

    Erm... who said "That's like saying talking about the weather is as bad as murdering, possibly worse."? I'll twist your nonsense, but not your smart words.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I said that to show an analogy of your "sex is worse than drugs" nonsense.

    "Sure. I'm gonna kill somebody if I can't have sex in x days, and every time I cum my brain gets permanently damaged to some degree. And after it, I feel like I had coke."

    I don't think i got permanent brain damage when i did cannabis, and i haven't felt the need to kill someone since i did it (five months ago). I know that the effects you mentioned does happen with drugs, but it also happens with sex (not the brain damage).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Also happens with sex...? Do you think I'm some kind of rapist psycho? That does NOT happen (to normal people), no matter how much sex would you have.

    "Do I need to quote the Granaboard Rules & Regulations? This line is outside the rules, and you know it. Keep doing it and messages will get deleted, and don't come to me bitching about why did I delete this and that after it because you know why."

    Can't I argue with you without the mod powers? Can't we have an argument were neither of us are mods? Can't we just argue, and not have threats to delete posts?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">We are in a board, and, like it or not, we have to respect the rules of the game. We can have a discussion without mod powers - outside the Granaboard.

    "what did Xellos do?"

    He created the topic. While this argument wasn't intended, he hasn't really tried to stop it either. To be honest, he been flaming me, in this and one other topic. And you don't seemed to have noticed.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Oh, like he had to stop it. I don't remember giving him moderator powers or asking him to. As for the flames, I believe I wrote a PM to you about that. I'm being lenient, otherwise I would have deleted most of this thread. But lenient or not, I'm fair with everyone, and if I'm letting you border the rules, I'm letting Xellos. If you want Xellos' post modded, ask by PM, and you'll have it, you have my word. Then again, I'd have to load the harsh driver for that, and that would result in the deletion of your posts as well. It's your choice.

    "you turn his thread into drug propaganda and flames,"

    I'll admit to the flame, but not to the drugs propaganda. You seem to think i'm always promoting drugs.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">"Be careful and they are both great experiences."
    "And can be good."

    I consider that drug propaganda.

    "until you started flaming me and violating the GR&R."

    Stop complaining. If i can take flames, why can't you?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I took them. Otherwise I'd had deleted the posts. I was complaining as an user, not a mod. And, as a mod, just telling you to not push your luck. At times like this, I really wish I wasn't the moderator, so you wouldn't say I'm abusing my powers in the discussion. Why do you think I am being lenient and not deleting posts? Think about it.

    "so you better not talk in favor of drugs or insult anyone again, because I WILL delete your post. "

    *Quickly skims post* I don't think so. But i'm sure you'll find something wrong.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Ok, this is really the last one I'm letting pass, I don't want to delete it because of what I said earlier and because there's a lot on it, not just drugs propaganda, but now just try me and you'll see. You have my word.

    OCB, please, I repeat, please, don't violate the rules of the game. If you do, I will have to use my powers, and that will NOT be an abuse. (And before you say it, I have given clear examples of what's in and what's out.)

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 16, 2003 09:02 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    [Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.6 Flaming]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2003 06:32 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  10. #30
    Inactive Member SmellyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think some of the things that are being said are just dowright stupid.
    High dose = high damage
    Low dose = low damage
    Very low dose = very low damage
    (Dose = damage)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">What???
    Even in chocolate there is some substance that is in drugs too. It's just in a very low dose.
    So that makes chocolate damaging too.
    That's just nonsense.
    Lots of things are damaging if done too much.
    Drinking, eating, drugs.
    Moderation is the key! And the frequency is different for each before it comes bad.

    Some substances are even on the drugs list that are not even addictive. Some mushrooms for example.

    Everyone is entitled to express their opinion. And saying that drugs are not that bad, or had a good experience with them, is not the same as promoting them.

    The same goes when I say that I think drugs should be controlled and legal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •